Seagate Village in Myrtle Beach


2, and 3, bedroom duplexes and Homes affordably priced.

Across US Hwy. 17 from the Myrtle Beach State Park & the beautiful Atlantic Ocean
Centrally located, convenient to THE MARKET COMMON, shopping, restaurants, golf, and the beach –just about everything!

Condo ownership – maintenance-free lifestyle

About Seagate Village?

The 800 homes on the Seagate Village grounds were built in the 1950’s for the officers and airmen serving at the Myrtle Beach Air Force Base. After the base closed in the early 1990’s, a group of investors bought and refurbished the 275 acre property. The homes were offered for sale as a condo community and the project was a huge success. The sale of the units was completed in the summer of 2005. Coldwell Banker Chicora Real Estate remains on site and is offering re-sale of limited units.

What was done when most of the homes were remodeled ?

The homes were painted inside and out, new cabinets and countertops were installed in the kitchen and baths, and the landscaping was upgraded. Homes have all new lighting fixtures and General Electric appliances. Living area hardwood floors were refinished or carpeted, and new flooring was completed in the kitchens and interior storage areas where needed. Some of the homes were purchased by the tenants occupying them as a rental. Those homes were not as extensively remodeled as the tenants did not move out. In many cases the tenant / owners did their own remodeling.

What kind of ownership will I have?

The homes are sold as condominiums. You will be provided a fee simple deed with ownership in common. You may sell or will your property at any time. The association will be responsible for exterior maintenance of the building, the care of the grounds, and the management of community affairs.

Who controls the condominium association?

The homeowners will elect their own representatives to oversee the community. The association has a professional management company run day-to-day operations. Committees were formed to handle things such as community appearance and rules and regulations.

What does my association fee cover?

The association is responsible for exterior maintenance of the building, homeowners structural insurance, annual exterior pest inspection, lawn and grounds maintenance and the professional management of the association. The fee also collects money for scheduled painting and replacement of roofs.

Do I have use of all of the land?

The land is divided into two classes; common areas and limited common areas. The limited common areas are defined areas immediately surrounding your home, which only you have use of. The common areas are for the use of all owners. The association is responsible for both. There is one exception. You will be permitted to fence in a portion of your backyard after approval by the association. By doing so, you can enjoy more privacy, but will become responsible for the upkeep of the landscaping within the fence. The one type of fence that can be used was chosen by the developer in order to keep the community looking neat.

What am I responsible for?

You are responsible for the upkeep of the interior of your home, and the mechanical systems. These systems include the heating and air conditioning, as well as the plumbing and wiring within the home.

How old are these systems?

The heating and air conditioning systems were updated and each unit needs to be examined to determine the year of upgrade. The wiring has been updated in specific areas, notably the installation of ground fault interruption devices in the kitchens and baths. Most of the wiring and plumbing is original.

Will there be any community amenities?

Because of the abundance of public recreational and educational facilities in the immediate area, there are no community amenities planned at this time.

Who owns the streets and sidewalks?

The City of Myrtle Beach will own and maintain them. They will also provide water and sewer service as well as refuse collection. These services will be billed to you directly by the City.

Who pays the property taxes?

The taxes on the common areas are paid as part of the association dues. You will pay property taxes on your home.


What kind of insurance does the homeowners' association provide?

The association is responsible for insuring the units for insured perils on a replacement cost basis. The policy will replace the building according to original plans and specifications. Because of the fluctuations in insurance rates, the premiums will be assessed and collected separately. The insurance that the association provides covers damage to the building and liability for the association. It is strongly recommended that you purchase a separate "HO-6" policy to cover your contents and improvements you make to your unit and provide you with individual liability coverage.

How much are the deductibles?

Insurance deductibles vary and the association will review the policy coverages from year to year. It is recommended that you call the association office to see who is the insurance carrier and then contact them to determine the association coverage of the properties

What is an insured peril?

An insured peril is the cause of the loss, i.e. fire, smoke, windstorm, water damage, etc.

Does the association provide me with liability coverage?

Liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage is provided for the common areas only. A separately purchased condominium owner's policy (HO-6) provides liability coverage for the interior of your home.

What is an HO-6 policy exactly, and should I have one?

You should definitely purchase a condominium unit owners policy (HO-6). This policy will normally provide coverage on your contents, loss assessment, loss of rents, earthquake and flood, as well as liability for bodily injury and property damage.

Does the owners' association require that I have one?

It is not required, but strongly recommended.

Where can I get more information on the association Insurance coverage?

You can call, e-mail or write to Carolyn Perry at Puckett, Scheetz & Hogan Insurance Agency, 90 Wall Street, Pawleys Island, SC 29585. Telephone (843) 235-9333, Fax (843) 235-9334 or E-mail regarding the association's insurance coverage.

You can call or write to Judith Green, Shannon Horne, or Lisa Lane at Puckett, Scheetz & Hogan Insurance Agency, PO Box 1389, 1359 21st Ave., N. Myrtle Beach, SC 29578. Telephone (843) 448-8122, Fax (843) 448-7873 regarding HO-6 policies.

Where can I get More Information on The Home Owners Association Itself:

Call or stop by the On Site Office of:

Beach Property Management (Located right in Seagate Village)
578 Mallard Lake Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC. 29577

Phone: (843) 238-8433

or e-mail to:

Their Website is:

Return to Seagate Village Main Page

Return to Main Index Page